Customerthink.com recently posted an article of the top goals from leading contact center executives for 2014. Below is a summary:
Providing excellent customer service is an ever-moving target for call centers, year after year.
With new channels such as social and mobile altering the ways customers reach out for service, many companies face difficult decisions including how much they should spend on technology upgrades and which channels to focus customer service efforts. New trends in the industry as well as improved software make it challenging for contact center supervisors to keep up with their customers’ wants and needs.
The recently released Call Center IQ Executive Priorities Report for 2014 reveals how contact center managers are choosing to focus their goals for the current year, with insights into key trends to watch:
- 62% of businesses will increase investment in mobile customer support, while 13% don’t plan to spend whatsoever. For social media customer support, those respective numbers change to 60% and 9%.
- 62% of businesses call “increasing operational efficiency” a paramount concern, while an additional 26% call it an important focus.
- While many focuses failed to earn majority support as top priorities, concepts like outsourcing, insourcing, nearshoring, and offshoring were actually deemed unimportant by the majority of respondents.
- Sixty eight percent (68%) of businesses plan to increase their customer management spend in 2014; 21% plan to keep their spending constant and only 11% are planning reductions.
- E-mail and live telephone communication remain the clear channel preferences for businesses, relied upon by 81% of businesses.
- Proving that not all organizations have entered the “age of the customer,” an additional 22% view organizational mentality as their biggest inhibitor to success. 11% view process and complexity issues as their biggest bumps in the road.
- 75% of companies will approach revenue growth as an absolute top priority in 2014.
Want more call center industry news and articles? Check out the blog on Outsource Consultants’ website!
Outsource Consultants is a call center referral and advisory firm that helps companies find the best call center and BPO outsourcing solution. We can assist in finding solutions for live web chat, cloud-based call centers, inbound and outbound call centers, and outsourced email support services. We will save you significant time, reduce your outsourcing costs, and help minimize your risk when switching or selecting a new call center partner.