Accurate forecasts in the contact center industry are crucial for a business to be successful. The article “10 Causes of Inaccurate Forecasts (and How to Avoid Them)” by Brad Cleveland discusses patterns in companies with inaccurate forecasts. There are ten common issues that tend to show up in companies who have poor accuracy in their projections. These include:
- No systematic process in place.
- An assumption that "the forecasting software knows best."
- Not forecasting at the agent group level.
- The forecast is taken lightly.
- Events that should be exceptions become a part of the forecast.
- Ongoing communication with other departments doesn't exist.
- Planning is done around goals, not reality.
- No one is accountable.
- Agents are mixing flexible activities into work modes.
- Not making the connection with staffing.
To read about these 10 causes more in-depth, please click the link below:
If you're interested in outsourcing with a call center, we can help at no charge! Fill out the form for a FREE call center cost proposal.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 20 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading call centers. Let us help you find the call center that best fits your requirements.