“According to the same Dimension Data report, nearly 40% of contact centers use text messaging/instant messaging, with this number set to increase to over 60% by 2017.” – Elias Parker (“8 Reasons Why Contact Centers Should Offer Texting”)
Elias Parker’s article touches on a very interesting topic in the contact center industry. Almost half of the contact centers available utilize text messaging or instant messaging to resolve customer inquiries. It’s no secret that many (if not most) people now use texting/messaging to communicate on a moment-to-moment basis, so it makes perfect sense for contact centers to embrace this technology to better serve customers. Parker’s article presents and discusses reasons why he believes more contact centers should embrace texting as an outlet for customer service:
- Texting can be managed from the same platform as web chat for omnichannel capability.
- Agents can manage multiple conversations at once.
- Texting can integrate with your CRM or other data source.
- Texting is cost-effective.
- Texting can be partially automated for further cost savings (and for a smarter, faster user experience).
- Texting merges mobile and online chat.
- Texting is a channel customers want to use.
- Texting customer service can handle a variety of use cases.
To read the full article on SMS customer service, please click the link below:
If you're interested in outsourcing with a call center, we can help at no charge! Fill out the form for a FREE call center cost proposal.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 20 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading call centers. Let us help you find the call center that best fits your requirements.