A recent article by Ian Golding discusses customer-centric leadership. He believes that having a solid customer experience program is related to how customer-centric the leaders are at the company. Golding provides the following six traits of successful customer experience leaders:
1) Talk to customers all the time: Meet and know their customers through actual conversation.
2) Find out what they don’t know about Customer Experience and keep on learning: Always willing to learn new things about the customer experience.
3) Endlessly promote cross-functional collaboration: They put organization ahead of their own success and find ways to bring all departments together.
4) Measure success differently: Base their successes off of financial ROI and what customers think of them, not strictly financial gain. They also care about the employee experience.
5) Focus on the long term whilst celebrating quick wins: It’s a marathon, not a sprint. However, it’s important to encourage and show appreciation for milestone completion.
6) ‘Walk the talk’ of customer centricity: Pretty straightforward. Successful customer experience leaders actually keep the customer at the center of their plans and goals.
Golding discusses these six traits in detail in his article while also providing a resource for managers looking to improve their customer-centric leadership skills.
Customer-Centric Leadership Within Call Centers
Golding’s points ring true for leaders in the call center industry, specifically traits 2, 3, and 5. A major way to improve the customer experience within a call centers is to ensure the call center agents have full support from their supervisors. This includes giving agents encouragement when they’re delivering high quality service and listening to their feedback on how to improve the customer experience. Call center leaders need to listen to their agents because they are the closest to the customers on a day-to-day basis and they can provide valuable input for the customer pain-points and how processes can be improved to improve the customer journey.
This blog post is based on an article from CustomerThink. To read the original article, please click the link below:
Need a call center partner to improve the customer experience? We can help! Fill out the form for a free call center cost proposal.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 20 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading call centers. Let us help you find the call center that best fits your requirements.