A recent article by Zareh Khachatoorian discusses the idea that the customers who don’t provide your company with feedback but still abandon your brand for competitors are of more concern than those who are vocal about their dissatisfaction. Without feedback, companies cannot learn how to improve their customer experience in areas that may be suffering. Khachatoorian offers the following insights from voice of the customer data and chat conversations.
1) There are millions of data taken from customer interactions, so it’s important to take a step back and look at the data from a big picture perspective before getting information from specifics in the feedback and data. However, in the article Khachatoorian gives a couple of examples for how businesses should not approach examining feedback. Read about these examples here!
2) Khachatoorian says that while surveys are a good thing after customer pains have already been addressed, they cannot be the sole data companies use to understand their customers. They have multiple drawbacks, as addressed in the article; including the reality that they can produce biased results.
3) Chat conversations can be a great way to understand the true issues customers are having with your brand or its web experience. This due to the fact that customers can interact with company in real-time to help resolve pains they’re having in the customer journey. Companies that utilize live chat support and take it seriously can see a rise in happier customers and higher sales conversions.
The main insight we’d like to focus on from Khachatoorian’s article is #3; live chat support. If companies truly want to learn the pain points their customers endure with their customer journey and resolve issues immediately to increase sales and reduce shopping cart abandonment, they need to utilize multichannel capabilities to their full advantage. These multichannel solutions include live chat support and social media customer service, which have agents that monitor brand websites and social media channels to listen to customers’ feedback and try to resolve their problems as soon as possible. This allows brands to properly hear the voice of the customer to make their customer journey run as smoothly as possible.
Multichannel Contact Centers Equip Companies For The Digital World
Multichannel contact centers can do more than provide more than inbound customer service calls and outbound sales calls; they can deliver a cross-channel experience for a digital world. The reality is that customers expect companies to provide them with service no matter what time of the day or year. Multichannel contact centers offer companies the ability to meet customers where they are, including digital channels such as email, live chat, and social media. This gives brands full coverage and consistency across the customer experience and helps improve brand loyalty and revenue. Some of the methods multichannel contact centers deliver include:
- Live inbound and outbound voice calls
- Email and Live Chat Support
- Social media monitoring
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Digital recording
- Cloud call center software
- And many more!
This blog post is based on an article from CustomerThink. To read the original article, please click the link below:
Need a multichannel contact center to improve your online customer experience? We can help! Fill out the form for a free call center cost proposal.
Outsource Consultants are contact center experts with over 20 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading contact centers. Let us help you find the contact center that best fits your requirements.